Friday 13 November 2009

Torn in Tel Aviv

Here is another thing I love about Israel: Tel Aviv. This city is awesome. It has the chaos of the Middle East and the uber trendiness of New York all wrapped into one. The people are cool, laid back and having fun. But by evening time, I feel a heaviness in my heart. How can I let myself have so much fun, when this is a story of catastrophe for another people. When other people no longer have the right to be here.

Is it possible to be at peace with the story of the creation of the State of Israel? And perhaps more importantly, do I need to be okay with the past to find shalom in the present?

48 days to go...

2 comments:

  1. Many questions....keep probing, the answers will come and hopefully soon for all our sakes.
    A good and peaceful Shabbos to you.
    Love, Caryll.

    ReplyDelete